Prague 7 City District Authority

U Průhonu 1338/38
Praha 7
170 00


Office hours   Monday, Wednesday 8 am – 18:00 pm

                        Tuesday, Thursday    8 am – 15:00 pm


→ Department of integration of foreigners and national minorities – tel. 220 144 190 (counselling services, assistance when dealing with local authorities, etc.)


The City District Authority is subdivided into departments which are subdivided into sections. The most visited departments are the following:

– Department of social and health care (social counselling)

– Department of administrative agenda (identity cards, information systems, travel documents, registry office: citizenship)

– Department of education (schools and educational establishments)

– Department of urban-planning, architecture and public space management (district’s architectural development, building permit procedures)

– Department of trade licensing (trade licences)

– Department of property (e.g. residential and non-residential properties of Prague 7 City District – rentals, privatisation)

– Department of environment (environmental protection, veterinary care, public space cleaning)

– Department of finances (local fees, e.g. dog registration fee)

– Department of transportation (parking cards)


In the building of the City District Authority you can also find the Labour Office of the Czech Republic (employment mediation services, social care – social benefits) and CzechPoint (extracts from the Real Estates Cadastre, Commercial Court, Trade Register or Crime Register)


HOBULET magazine – an overview of important events in Prague 7, you can receive it for free in your mailbox or read the online version here:


Basics facts about residing in the Czech Republic

The following bodies are responsible for the residence administration: the Alien Police Department (letters of invitation, short-term visas up to 90 days) and the Ministry of the Interior (long-term visas over 90 days, long-term residence permits, temporary residence permits for EU citizens, permanent residence permits – applications, changes of reports)

– Ministry of the Interior information documents:

– Ministry of the Interior information hotline: 974 832 421, 974 832 418
– You can find contacts for the Ministry of the Interior, the Alien Department Police and all the information about residency applications and administration here:

If you need advice or assistance when dealing with Czech state institutions or non-governmental organizations, you can contact the Department of integration of foreigners and national minorities, Prague 7 City District – tel. 220 144 290.


Organizations providing help to foreigners

For further help, you can use the services of Czech non-governmental non-profit organizations. These organizations provide for example counselling services about residence administration, interpreting services or assistance when dealing with local authorities.

–  Integration centre Prague, Žitná 1574/51, 110 00, Praha 1, 252 543 846

–  Archdiocesan Caritas, Pernerova 20, Praha 8 – Karlín, 186 00, tel.: 224 813 418

–  Association for integration and migration, Baranova 33, 130 00 Praha 3, tel.: 224 224 379

–  Organisation for aid to refugees, o.s., Kovářská 4, 190 00 Praha 9, tel.: 284 683 714

 – InBáze, z.s. Legerova 50, 120 00 Praha 2, tel.: 739 037 353

 – Club Hanoi, Libušská 319/126, Praha 4 – Písnice, tel.: 608 535 792


Czech language courses and tutoring

Learning the Czech language is essential for both foreign children and adults living in the Czech Republic. Extra-curricular organizations offer paid and free Czech language courses of different levels and for different age groups.


– Centre for integration of foreigners, o.p.s., Nová půda, Karlínské náměstí 7, 186 00 Praha 8, tel. 222 360 834,

– META, o.p.s., V Tůních 10, 120 00 Praha 2, tel. 222 521 446,


Schools and kindergartens

Children of foreign nationals who have lived in the Czech Republic for a period longer than 90 days are under the law subject to compulsory school attendance. School attendance at state schools is free of charge and the compulsory school attendance lasts for the period of 9 years.

You can find the list of schools and educational establishments in Prague 7 City District here:, or you can ask for advice at the Department of education (tel. 220 144 054). Here or at the Department of integration of foreigners and national minorities (tel. 220 144 249) you can also ask about teaching assistants or the possibilities of Czech language tutoring.


Health service

Employees of companies residing in the Czech Republic, foreigners permanently residing in the Czech Republic or foreigners who have been granted asylum or supplementary protection are entitled to participate in public health insurance. If you are not enrolled in public health insurance, you are required to obtain commercial health insurance. Foreigners with a short-time visa may have insurance covering necessary and acute care only but foreign citizens with a long-term visa or long-term residence permit are obliged to have comprehensive health insurance. EU citizens can receive medical care upon submitting the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). For further information on the EHIC, please refer to the website.

– Polyclinic Strossmayerovo nám. 6, Praha 7

– Health centre Holešovice, Tovární 1342/12, 170 00 Praha 7


The nearest emergency:

– Na Bulovce University Hospital, Budínova 2, Praha 8, tel.: 266 083 301, 303

– Motol University Hospital, V Úvalu 84, Praha 5, tel: 224 438 590

– Municipal Health Centre Prague, Spálená 12, Praha 1, tel.: 222 924 295


Foreign and private patient department – Motol University Hospital, health care services for foreign citizens without public health insurance are provided here

V Úvalu 84, Praha 5, tel. 224 433 681 (682),


Social security system

The Czech social security system is built on three pillars: compulsory social insurance (sickness insurance: sick pay, monetary assistance during maternity and nursing allowance, and pension insurance: old age, invalid, widows‘, widowers‘ and orphan’s pensions), state social support (benefits granted with regard to income: child benefits, housing allowances, birth allowances and benefits granted without regard to income: parental allowances, foster care allowances and death allowances) and social assistance in material need (living allowances, housing supplements and exceptional immediate aid).

Once the designated conditions have been met, the state social support payments may be made to foreigners permanently residing in the CR, foreigners who have been granted asylum or supplementary protection and EU citizens with registered stay of more than 3 months.

Other foreign citizens become entitled to the allowances after they have officially resided in the Czech Republic for 365 days since their registration (except for the duration of asylum procedures). Assistance in material need is granted to every person who stays in the Czech Republic legally. All employees have the right to receive sick pay and their contribution to the sickness insurance is mandatory by law, unlike self-employed persons, for whom sickness insurance is optional. As for the pension insurance, its height and contributions depend on the country of origin and duration of performance of work in the territory of the Czech Republic.


You can get more detailed information here:

– Department of social and health care, Prague 7 City District –, tel. 220 144 147

– Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs –


Cultural tips

– Bio Oko cinema (

– National Gallery’s collection of modern and contemporary art in Veletržní palác (

– Dox Centre for contemporary art in Prague (

– La Fabrika theatre (

– Cross club (

– Alfred ve dvoře theatre (

– Radar theatre ( – under the House of Children and Youth in Prague, acting classes for children

– Studio hrdinů theatre ( – a modern contemporary open stage theatre

– Artwall outdoor gallery ( – an outdoor public gallery soliciting projects that critically reflect on current society and events

– Municipal library Prague 7, Tusarova 429/35 Praha 7 ( – books in Czech and foreign languages


You can find other cultural tips here:


Public transport

Public transport network covers the whole city of Prague and includes trams, city buses and metro. You can find orientation plan here, and connections here A validated season ticket or an electronic pass (Opencard permits you to travel on all means of transport. It is also possible to buy a ticket by sending SMS (the text of the message and numbers can be found on trams, buses and metro). In Prague 7 City District a new ferry has begun operation. It runs at half-hour intervals from Holešovice to Karlín, with a stop at Štvanice in-between; public transport tickets cover the journey.


Parks and green areas

– The Stromovka Park – former Royal Game Park with a summerhouse, a planetarium offering educational projections and several playgrounds

– The Letná Park (Letenské sady) – this park is ideal for walking, jogging or in-line skating and you can enjoy a beautiful view of Prague here. There are also several playgrounds, restaurants, a manor house and the oldest preserved carrousel in Europe, currently under renovation


Emergency numbers

Police: 158

Municipal police: 156

Emergency medical service: 155

Fire and rescue service: 150

European emergency number: 112